Wednesday, May 10, 2006

World Lupus Day

Today all over the world individuals, their families and friends are focusing just a little more on the auto immune disease lupus so I would like to ask you a favour. I know that you have a busy lifestyle so I promise not take up too much of your time.

For those of you who don’t know lupus is a condition whereby the body's immune system goes into overdrive and starts to attack itself. The symptoms are many and varied and the illness seems to mimic other diseases. This gives rise to difficulty in diagnosis and the condition can be overlooked, sometimes for years, unless the GP or consultant is alert to lupus.

As someone living with this condition, it is just as hard to deal with and to understand but I am not asking you for sympathy. I am simply asking that you spare a thought for me and others like me who are challenged on a daily basis by this condition and associated complications.

I can send you an email of a man walking the world for lupus that you can share with your family, friends and colleagues. If you are interested please send me an email d1vine1963@yahoo.co.uk with walking in the subject line.

Thank you your support is much appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, long time. I thought if the mountain won't come to me, why not find an alternative route. Yes, It's me P. It's so good to see that you've been online & inspite of what your go through on a daily basis, you still have the power to reach out to others, and at the same time let US have a peak into your world. It'd be great to hear from your. Big hugs. P