Monday, March 09, 2009

The power of The Pred!

I'm sorry but I need to start this conversation by singing the praises of prednisolone. Yes you heard me right, I actually have some good things to say about steroids.

I know that Prednisolone has a bad rep and I, for one, have been waving that flag after all it gave me the familiar 'Moon Face', an excess of bodily flesh, euphoric highs and almighty lows but following 'Swollen Fingers; it also gave me a life line.

The very moment prednisolone entered my blood stream, my whole body seemed to jump for joy and get excited. In fact I could almost hear the third finger on my left hand squeal with delight as it recognised the familiar sensation trickle through my veins.

prednisolone actually helped me to feel better and to quite literally regain my grip on things and I have to admit I started to get cocky and I really believed that I had found the weapon I needed to fight mr lupus head to head.

Well I now know that at the first sign of prednisolone, all mr lupus did was withdraw for a little while to regroup and then come back with a vengence.

So there I was left hot (should have been cold but inflammation is a heat thing) and alone having to fend for myself against the evil of mr lupus.

Prednisolone is still on the menu but I will never trust it again because it chose to betray me and didn't live up to its promise!

I guess you could say I don't forgive easily, well I think I've got justification don't you? I've issued myself a challenge and I am going to work hard to achieve it. I will not get moon face and having lost weight I refuse to take it back so whilst it may be knocking vehemently at my door, I'm choosing not to open it!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I assume precise post. Expressly the designation attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.