Monday, June 02, 2008

Sleeping with a friend!

It was 6am and as the sunlight streamed through the window it created a silver reflection on his coat and as I turned to face him a smile came across my face. It wasn’t planned, we didn’t set out to sleep together but Mac had become such an integral part of my life that this was probably the next logical step and the great thing was that the morning after I was still glowing and happy to have woken up with him beside me...

Is this another instalment from my steamy debut novel? Maybe it is, but for now it’s simply the fact that I went to sleep with Mr Mac, my new macbook pro laptop, sad I know, but it just happened honest!

It got me thinking, that when sleep (at night) is a challenge, which it has been for me for a long time, we should be able to call in the sleep patrol and get someone to come and lie down with us until we fall asleep. I am aware that this may sound bizarre to you but some of the best ideas and inventions seemed wacky to start with.

It works
I have first hand experience of how this could work because I had a friend, whose name I can’t remember, but he was obviously a good friend because when my mother died and I couldn’t sleep he would come over and lie on top of the bed until I fell asleep and then he would let himself out and he would do that two or three times a week. I’ve just realised just how nice that was for someone to do that for me. There is probably someone who is willing to do the same for you. So if you have a problem with sleep and have a good friend, partner, husband, wife etc. that can help you out give it a go and let me know how it turned out.

If you are the guy who helped me out 12 years ago, you know him or would like to offer your services please get in touch I need you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carole ... Great news about featuring on LFA - your blog is very inspiring.

Take care of you.