Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I hope you can dance!

I was sorting through my computer trying to make sense of all of the stuff I have on it and I cam across the following quote and poem and just wanted to share it. It all seemed apt in relation to me, my life, mr lupus and the path I am desperately trying to carve out for myself. It is also exactly what I wish for you on your journey.


Remember your challenge with mr lupus et al. does not define who you are, it simply provides you with a kick up the backside to be more of who you are. We have all heard stories of people who have had to face enormous obstacles and challenges but somehow still manage to rise up, make a difference and enjoy the life they have. What makes them different, is it some supernatural gift, it might be but it is also the fact that they chose to be themselves warts and all. They chose to live in the moment and make the most of the cards they have been dealt.


You can do it too!

"I do not allow myself to be overcome by hopelessness, no matter how tough the situation. I believe that if you just do your little bit without thinking of the bigness of what you stand against, if you turn to the enlargement of your own capacities, just that in itself creates new potential." Vandana Shiva, Activist and Author.

I hope you can dance!

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you’ll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance…I hope you dance
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin’ might mean takin’ chances but they’re worth takin’
Loving’ might be a mistake but it’s worth makin’
Don’t let some *-bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin’ out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance…I hope you dance

So the question is shall we dance?

No comments: