Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yesterday was a great day!

Yes you heard me right I said great and all the while with mr lupus biting at my heels. I know the weather was lousy but I set myself one task (just the one) and I managed to achieve it and more, so I am taking time out to celebrate which sounds so much better than saying I’m exhausted and need to lie down.

For all of us who have the long to do list I am in favour of scrapping it and setting one major daily task (if you are feeling adventurous try two) and then diligently going about achieving that task and when you’ve done it, you have the choice of either standing back and admiring the achievement or starting another task. I’m all for admiring a job well done myself and think having only one main thing to do each day is the productive way to go.

So you are probably wondering what was that one thing that has got Carole so excited and left her wanting to shout it loudly from the rafters.

Well this is it.
I had a candlelit, sweet smelling, bubble bath with soft music, piped into the bathroom through my Ipod. This may sound like a very simple task but let me tell you it wasn’t. I had to:

  • Navigate my way through the bathroom (It resembled a scene from Hansel and Gretel with items like the bread crumbs left lying around so that they could find their way home)
  • Create an environment that was conducive to my pampering session (do you know how long it takes to get tiles shining again?)
  • Get into the bath to luxuriate (I like that word) in the sweet smelling bubbles as they lovingly caressed my body basking in the ambience created by the candles.

And then came the task I hadn’t bargained for.
Whilst lounging in the bath I thought about Cleopatra bathing in asses’ milk and could picture myself being pampered on a daily basis. I felt like royalty and for a while I had forgotten all about mr lupus. That was until it was time to get out of the bath.

How could I have forgotten (that memory thing again) the challenges of getting out of the bath, that’s what the bath aids are for. As I tried time and time again to get out of the bath, praying for strength in my arms and legs I couldn’t help but laugh so what if it was a challenge I had achieved my task for the day.

I am pleased to tell you I am not writing this from the bath!!

Challenge yourself
Set yourself one thing to do today and take action to achieve it.

Yes you can!

No comments: