Saturday, July 02, 2005

At the Club

Yesterday was spent at Club Duvet. (It’s an exclusive club so, if you ever need to get on the guest list let me know and I’ll put in a good word for you as I’m a regular there).

Don’t think that I have been idly spending my time lying around on the settee all day; on the contrary, I’ve been working diligently. I am gainfully employed as a communication strategist (I’m sure that there is money in that) now qualified to provide expert comment on the quality of soap scripts, the length and type of adverts between programmes and the general quality of daytime TV. In fact I have firmly set up office in the living room with a big beige leather settee as my desk (does anyone know how to get ink stains out of leather). All in all not a bad set up.

My current project is in answer to the following research question ‘just how much daytime TV can a person watch in any one day without going mad’. I’ll keep you posted on the answer to that one. Well that sounds a whole lot better than telling you I have been just lying around watching TV and who knows I may actually write a research paper.

But it wasn’t all work today; I did manage to entertain a lunchtime guest, well entertain is probably not quite the word as they came with lunch and I kept them company trying not to doze off, that seems to be the level of my entertaining these days, so if you are looking for something more than that then maybe now is not quite the right time to stop by.

My thoughts today flitted from one thing to another but mostly centered on searching for an answer to the meaning of life well not the whole universe thing but my life. In particular what is it all about? But perhaps more importantly what do I want it to be about? Deep I know, but I guess that’s what you get from lying around all day.

It’s the weekend which in someone else’s world probably means something special. To me it’s just another two days, so I think I am going to get out and about and try to enjoy them after all a bit of fresh air is bound to be good for me.


Thought for the day
Tomorrow never comes, yesterday died last night so today is a gift and that’s why they call it the present. Live in the moment you have earned the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to join the club Duvet, what are the requirements?

Anonymous said...

Maybe we have to meet a few wrong
people before meeting the right one so
that when we finally meet the right
person, we will know how to be
grateful for that gift.

When the door of happiness closes,
another opens, but often times we look
so long at the closed door that we
don't see the one which has been opened
for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind
you can sit on a porch and swing with,
never say a word, and then walk away
feeling like it was the best
conversation you've ever had.

It's true that we don't know what
we've got until we lose it, but it's
also true that we don't know what we've
been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never
an assurance that they'll love you
back! Don't expect love in return; just
wait for it to grow in their heart but
if it doesn't, be content it grew in
yours.

It takes only a minute to get a
crush on someone, an hour to like
someone, and a day to love someone, but
it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
Don't go for wealth; even that fades
away. Go for someone who makes you
smile because it takes only a smile to
make a dark day seem bright. Find the
one that makes your heart smile

There are moments in life when you
miss someone so much that you just want
to pick them from your dreams and hug
them for real!

Dream what you want to dream; go
where you want to go; be what you want
to be, because you have only one life
and one chance to do all the things you
want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make
you sweet, enough trials to make you
strong, enough sorrow to keep you
human, enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes.
If you feel that it hurts you, it
probably hurts the other person, too.

The happiest of people don't
necessarily have the best of
everything; they just make the most of
everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lives for those who cry,
those who hurt, those who have
searched, and those who have tried, for
only they can appreciate the importance
of people who have touched their lives.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a
kiss and ends with a tear. The
brightest future will always be based
on a forgotten past, you can't go on
well in life until you let go of your
past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying
and everyone around you was smiling.
Live your life so that when you die,
you're the one who is smiling and
everyone around you is crying.

Please send this message to those
people who mean something to you, to
those who have touched your life in one
way or another, to those who make you
smile when you really need it, to those
that make you see the brighter side of
things when you are really down, to
those who you want to let them know
that you appreciate their friendship.

And if you don't, don't worry, nothing
bad will happen to you, you will just
miss out on the opportunity to brighten
someone's day with this message.